Today, in honor of Martin Luther King, Jr., I thought I’d share some of his most inspiring quotes. His words of wisdom are poignant, powerful, and timeless.
1. “I have decided to stick with love. Hate is too great a burden to bear.”
2. “Take the first step in faith. You don’t have to see the whole staircase, just take the first step.”
3. “An individual has not started living until he can rise above the narrow confines of his individualistic concerns to the broader concerns of all humanity.”
4. “The time is always right to do what is right.”
5. “He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it. He who accepts evil without protesting against it is really cooperating with it.”
6. “The quality, not the longevity, of one’s life is what is important.”
7. “I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality… I believe that unarmed truth and unconditional love will have the final word.”
8. “We must build dikes of courage to hold back the flood of fear.”
9. “Life’s most persistent and urgent question is, ‘What are you doing for others?’”
10. “Means we use must be as pure as the ends we seek.”
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.