We made Chocolate Peanut Butter Vegan Cupcakes a couple weeks ago that were so delicious that we couldn’t wait to make another batch! We decided to try something new this time: Raspberry Vanilla Vegan Cupcakes. They are amazing and incredibly easy to make with this semi-homemade approach.
What You’ll Need:
- Cherrybrook Kitchen Vanilla Cake Mix (dairy free, egg free, nut free, vegan)
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil (or melted margarine)
- 3/4 cup cold water
- 16 oz of Duncan Hines Vanilla or Buttercream Frosting (this frosting is vegan! If you’d like to use your own homemade frosting, go ahead! Cherrybrook Kitchen also makes their own line of frosting.)
- a few spoonfuls of your favorite raspberry jam. Other yummy jams to try: blackberry, strawberry, peach, or red currant.
- Fresh Raspberries (we decided not to use raspberries this time since the raspberries at our local market weren’t looking too fresh.)
Mixing, Baking, Decorating:
- One medium mixing bowl and large spoon for cake mix
- One small mixing bowl and small spoon for frosting
- Handheld blender for mixing batter (optional- a whisk or big spoon work as well)
- Measuring cup
- Cupcake pan and baking cups
- Frosting bag (or a sturdy ziplock bag)
- Decorating tip
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Place baking cups in pan.
- Follow the instructions on the box, mixing together the vegetable oil, cold water, and cake mix.
- Fill cups with batter and bake for about 22-25 minutes.
- Cool for 10 minutes.
- As the cupcakes are cooling, mix the jam into your frosting.
- Now it’s time to fill the cupcakes! Fill your frosting bag with your raspberry vanilla frosting. Pipe the frosting into each cupcake by placing the decorating tip into the center of the cupcake, pushing down about an inch. As you squeeze the frosting, gently lift the bag up until a tiny little dollop of frosting peeks out the hole at the top.
- Next step is piping the frosting on top of the cupcakes. Frost however you’d like! We piped our frosting in a circular pattern until we reached the center of each cupcake.
These naturally low-fat cupcakes are moist and decadent without feeling heavy. Try them today!
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.