These cupcakes are moist, rich, flavorful, and… VEGAN! We’ve always wanted to try Cherrybrook Kitchen’s cake mix. We see it every time we’re shopping at our favorite health food store. The “Gluten Free Dreams” Chocolate Cake Mix is:
- peanut free (although we added peanut butter to ours!)
- dairy free
- egg free
- wheat free
- gluten free
- all natural
- certified vegan
We decided to make a Chocolate Peanut Butter cupcake with the mix. They were incredibly easy to make and absolutely delicious to eat!
What You’ll Need:
- Cherrybrook Kitchen Gluten Free Dreams Chocolate Cake Mix
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup cold water
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 16 oz of Duncan Hines Chocolate Frosting (this frosting is vegan! If you’d like to use your own home made frosting, go ahead! Cherrybrook Kitchen also makes their own line of frosting.)
- a few spoonfuls of your favorite peanut butter (other stir-in ideas: Nutella, almond butter, soy butter)
Mixing, Baking, Decorating:
- One medium mixing bowl and large spoon
- Measuring cup and teaspoon
- Cupcake pan and baking cups
- Frosting bag (or a sturdy ziplock bag!)
- Decorating tip
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Place baking cups in pan.
- Follow the instructions on the box, mixing together the vegetable oil, cold water, vanilla, and cake mix.
- Fill cups with batter and bake for about 22-25 minutes.
- Cool for 10 minutes.
- As the cupcakes are cooling, mix a few spoonfuls of peanut butter into your chocolate frosting.
- Now it’s time to fill the cupcakes! Fill your frosting bag (or ziplock bag with hole and decorating tip reinforced with tape) with the chocolate peanut butter frosting.
- Pipe the frosting into each cupcake by placing the decorating tip into the center of the cupcake, pushing down about an inch. As you squeeze the frosting, gently lift the bag up until a tiny little dollop of frosting peeks out the hole at the top.
- Next step is piping the frosting on top of the cupcakes. Nothing complicated here: just start at the outside and circle inwards!
- To finish the cupcakes, cut Newman’s Own Peanut Butter Chocolate cookies into quarters and top each cupcake with a piece!
2 comments on “Vegan Chocolate Peanut Butter Cupcakes”
Pingback: Raspberry Vanilla Vegan Cupcakes
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.