(My nephew using his Mommy’s lens cap as a teether!)
Teething babies and toddlers will put anything in their mouth to soothe and stimulate their sore gums! These are my 5 favorite teething toys:
1. Sophie the Giraffe Teether by Vulli View on www.amazon.com This is the iconic teething toy seen in nearly every Upper East Side stroller and beyond. My nephew loves his! From the manufacturer:
Sophie the Giraffe, full of discoveries and activities to awaken baby’s senses. Sight: The dark and contrasting spots all over Sophie the Giraffe’s body provide visual stimulation and make her easily recognizable to baby. She soon becomes a familiar and reassuring object. Hearing: Her squeaker keeps baby amused and stimulates his hearings. Taste: Sophie the Giraffe is very flexible and has lots of parts for baby to chew like ears, horns, legs. She is perfect for soothing baby’s sore gum when teething and is completely safe. Made of 100% natural rubber and food paint. Touch: Sophie the Giraffe is perfect for baby’s small hands. She is very light and her long legs and neck are easy for baby to grip. She is very soft to touch, stimulating soothing physiological and emotional responses. Smell: The singular scent of natural rubber makes Sophie the Giraffe very special and easy for your child to identify. Sophie is Phthalates and BPA free.
2. The Winkel by Manhattan Toy view on www.amazon.com This teething toy has nearly flawless reviews. Parents love its durability, the ease children have when manipulating it, and how it rattles. From Manhattan Toy:
Colorful loops made from soft, pliable plastic are easy to grasp and hold, plus caregivers can refrigerate it for a soothing teether.
3. ZoLi Gummy Stick view on www.amazon.com The Gummy Stick is one of the most innovative designs I’ve seen in teething toys. It looks like a toothbrush, establishing dental hygiene at a young age. Perfect for teething toddlers trying to reach their back teeth! From the manufacturer:
Teething babies will welcome these soft gum massagers, because their rubbery, textured nubs offer excellent teething relief, even for hard-to-reach molars! And because they look and feel like a baby toothbrush, they instill good brushing habits from the start. The anti-choke shield prevents over-insertion. For newborns and up. Top-rack dishwasher safe. Gummy Sticks soothe inflamed gums and clean first baby teeth, while helping to establish early dental hygiene habits Made of polypropylene, with a thermoplastic rubber tip; BPA and phthalate free.
4. Twist Teether by Green Toys view on www.amazon.com Green Toys is one of my favorite toy companies. Their teether meets the same high standards as its toys- it’s made of 100% food-safe recycled plastic milk containers and is designed with intellectual stimulation in mind! From Green Toys:
Shake, rattle and explore with the my first Green Toys Twist Teether. Tiny hands can easily grasp this lightweight, three dimensional, ultra-safe teether. Each uniquely shaped and colorful charm has a distinct texture to stimulate visual and tactile senses. Made in the USA from 100% food-safe recycled plastic milk containers that save energy and reduce greenhouse gas emissions. No BPA, PVC, phthalates, or external coatings. Meets FDA food contact standards. Dishwasher safe too!
5. Raz-Berry Teether by Razbaby view on www.amazon.com These Ring-Pop-looking teethers are as functional as they are adorable! Parents love the size, texture and aesthetic appeal. From Razbaby:
Gently massages and cools baby’s tender gums. Bumpy texture aids in the teething process. Hands-free-soothes baby’s gums while they play! Non-toxic 100% Silicone. Safe and durable. Stimulating Multi-Texture can be frozen for EXTRA soothing comfort. BPA Free.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.